Where do I get a packet if I am a victim of check deception?

You may pick up a packet at local law enforcement agencies, municipal clerk's offices or here at the Prosecutor's Office. You also may be able to download the packet from the website.


Where do I send the packet when it is complete?

Send the completed packet to:

Elkhart County Prosecutor's Office
Bad Check Diversion Program
301 S. Main St., Suite 100
Elkhart, IN 46516


Does it cost for me to file charges against the bad check writer?

No, it is free for victims to file charges.


How much is the protest fee for check deception?

The protest fee is $27.50 per bad check.